Venue: Marjorie Brook Seminars
Venue Phone: 516-409-1240
Venue Website: marjoriebrookseminars.comAddress:
- Friday Class
August 25, 2023
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday Class
August 26, 2023
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday Class
August 27, 2023
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Scar Tissue Release And Integrated Therapies (the S.T.R.A.I.T. Method™) was developed by Marjorie Brook, LMT.
It is the rehabilitative scar treatment everyone deserves, designed to help your client heal, restore freedom of movement, and regain quality of life.
The therapy begins with a series of fascial techniques that release and realign the restrictive tissue from the starting point (visible scar) to the endpoint (where the line of frozen fascia stops).
Client/patient experiences relief from the years of pain they’ve endured by finally having their adhesions and scars addressed.
Much more than scar tissue treatment
Depart from the traditional methods you’ve tried with a therapy that approaches the multi-faceted matrix of fascia three-dimensionally. After scar tissue release therapy, we will take a holistic approach to healing with stretching, strengthening, and body mechanic exercises to help your client/patient find balance.
You learn to treat every detail, from the scar’s appearance to its physiological and psychological impacts. We address each of these components throughout the scar tissue treatment process to ensure your client’s journey is customized to their physical and mental well-being needs.
The relief they’ve been waiting for each scar is different, so we begin by learning about the damaged and restricted connective tissue and the resulting compensations in the body.
You learn to recognize and give support tailored to the client’s mind-body interactions and unique body mechanics to achieve an integrative treatment for scar tissue designed just for them.
The S.T.R.A.I.T. Method™ incorporates every element of the healing journey, aligning the therapist’s expertise with the individual needs and goals of the client/patient.
You will improve their mobility and sensation while ensuring they are on track to regain quality of life and get back to the activities they love.
What can you do after taking a STRAIT Method Scar Release Course?
- Work with confidence on surgical and injury scar tissue.
- Refine your current practice and treat clients more effectively.
- Treat recovering Cancer (Oncology) patients & Burn survivors.
- Recognize and release adhesions/restrictions that your clients never paid attention to or considered an issue.
- Assess and design a comprehensive rehab treatment plan.
- Gain the trust and confidence of your clients with your knowledge and understanding of their journey.
- Change lives on a daily basis.
What you will learn in this course:
- The long- and short-term effects of scar tissue — from the physiological to the psychological.
- Which orthopedic and neurological factors to take into account when working with a new patient.
- The indications and contraindications for Scar-Tissue Release Therapy relating to diseases, injuries, joint replacements, and aging factors.
- The art of effective client communication.
- Introduction to Integrated Therapeutic Stretching.
- Find out how to assess fascial restrictions throughout the body and how to breakdown scar tissue and adhesions — from superficial to deep fascia.
Discover a detailed approach to manually releasing scar tissue and adhesions — including techniques for lengthening and increasing the lymphatic and venous circulation to the connecting tissues.
This workshop will give you hands-on practice with different types of scar tissue. You’ll also be given instruction in the use of proper body mechanics that will support you in your work as a scar-tissue release therapist.
Personal experience is essential to understanding the effectiveness of this technique — be prepared to give as well as receive a treatment.
August 25-27, 2023
Brook Seminars Office
47 Deer Lane
Wantagh, NY 11792
Early bird fee: $695 ending July 25, 2023
Registration begins at 8:30 am on Friday Class 9:00 am – 6:00pm.
Saturday’s class begins at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm.
Sunday’s class begins at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm.
Marjorie Brook is approved in the USA by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and also meets current standards for continuing education for both the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and the State of Florida, NY & TX.