Venue: Marjorie Brook Seminars
Venue Phone: 516-409-1240
Venue Website: marjoriebrookseminars.comAddress:
- Sunday Class
April 14, 2024
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Monday Class
April 15, 2024
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Integrated Therapeutic Stretching
Find out more about the latest research on fascia!
Understand how to work with the body not against by utilizing the two basic principles: myotatic reflex and reciprocal innervation.
Learn how to restore a patient’s overall wellness through physiological reeducation.
This course is rooted in the principles of Integrated Therapeutic Stretching, or ITS — an intricate, dynamic form of stretching based on the elemental actions of joints, ligaments, fascia and muscles. The goal of ITS is to help the body become more efficient, thanks to an increased range of motion and the re-education of muscles.
Once the muscles and surrounding fascia have been released using ITS, the body-mind complex needs to be re-trained to function in its renewed state. Discover how to assist a patient in becoming aware of these changes to their body mechanics, and find out the myriad ways the changes will manifest in their daily activities.
What you will learn in this course:
- The effects of fascia and its importance to our overall well-being.
- How to assess your client’s range of motion limitations.
- The right way to isolate and stretch individual muscles and fascial pathways.
- Re-establish muscular balance with restored joint range of motion.
- Increase stability through strength training.
- How these techniques can assist recovery from injury, disorders, and even disease.
- The art of effective client communication.
- How to empower your clients to stretch themselves.
- The correct way to utilize proper body mechanics — for you and your client.
April 14-15, 2024
Marjorie Brook Seminars
47 Deer Lane, Wantagh NY 11793
Early bird before March 14, 2024, $445
Combo with STR Foundations course $1095
repeating course $250
Registration begins at 8:30 am on Sunday class begins at 9:00 am and ends at 9:00 pm.
Monday’s class begins at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm.
Marjorie Brook is approved in the USA by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider and also meets current standards for continuing education for both the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and the State of Florida, NY & TX.